Current College Students - Certified Addiction Recovery Coach - ACCS North B Leominster
Company: Open Sky Community Services
Posted on: June 11, 2019
Job ID 2019-4020
Job Location Leominster, Massachusetts, United States
Category Direct Care
Starting Salary USD $15.38/Hr.
Type Regular Full-Time
- Cultivate mutual, non-directive, supportive relationships that
promote empowerment and self-learning while maintaining strong
- Provides direct Peer and/or family support to Persons and
- Share personal experiences with the purpose and intent to build
trust and collaboration with people served.
- Assist Persons in developing, implementing and monitoring
personal recovery goals using a self-directed recovery and wellness
- Meet Persons wherever they are in the recovery process,
including Persons who have not yet committed to changing their
relationship with substance use;
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of substance use
disorders and their treatment; utilize engagement, harm reduction,
stages of change and treatment, and motivational interviewing to
- Facilitate access to a variety of different recovery related
supports as selected by the person served.
- Collaborate with ACCS Leadership staff to develop and implement
treatment technologies based on nationally recognized clinical
models and evidence-based practice models designed for Persons with
co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Assist people served in identifying and using strengths and
interests to develop, implement, and monitor interventions and
personal recovery goals.
- Demonstrate respect for all Persons regardless of ability
status, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or
- Provide support services for recovery in the location of
preference for the person served, including in the community, in
homes or in office;
- Assist in the development of valued community roles including
group memberships, employment, or volunteer experiences.
- Support the development and maintenance of key skills including
stress management, relapse prevention, advocacy, decision making,
and goal planning.
- Assist people served in the development of a health and
wellness plan including relapse prevention, planning and
understanding the symptoms of mental illness.
- Conduct both 1:1 and group activities geared toward increasing
people's readiness to engage in rehabilitation.
- Implement and document high quality rehabilitation according to
each person's Treatment Plan.
- Assist Persons to perform daily routines.
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and
well-being of Persons served.
- Maintain a working knowledge of consumer-operated programs and
activities in the mental health field, such as Recovery Learning
- Cultivate mutually respectful partnerships, and maintain a
helping role and set appropriate limits with people served and
- Assist people to access, and/or provide, all needed
- Review and complete all required documentation.
- Communicate all pertinent information to all stakeholders.
- Attend and participate in all trainings both internal and
external to agency as assigned.
- Participate in supervision, team, and other assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in Human Services or a related field preferred.
High School Diploma, valid driver's license, lived experience
with mental illness and substance use disorder required. Current
certification as a Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC),
including completion of the Recovery Coach Academy and passing
IC&RC exam score required. PI110453059
Keywords: Open Sky Community Services, Leominster , Current College Students - Certified Addiction Recovery Coach - ACCS North B Leominster, Education / Teaching , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!