Assistant Store Manager - Mall of Whitney (438)
Company: JD Finish Line
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*On our team, we don't just provide jobs, we provide careers -
places to grow. *
*Join the team that is not only passionate about sneakers but about
our people as well! By being an employee with us; you have the
ability to upgrade your wardrobe, stay up to date with your sneaker
game, join various communities we have in our company and enjoy the
benefits we have to offer!*
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the
daily execution of driving store profitability by meeting or
exceeding sales targets. The core expectations include managing all
resources within the store to provide customers with a leading
shopping experience while ensuring flawless execution of effective
and efficient store operations, by performing the following main
* Responsible for all aspects of daily management including a
strong leadership presence that ensures all customers receive a
leading shopping experience.
* Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by
ensuring visual merchandising and housekeeping standards are
maintained consistently throughout the store.
* Supervises one or more lower-level management staff and other
* Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear
expectations and targets, analyzing team performance, holding team
members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback,
including actively managing poor performance.
* Tracks store performance data (e.g. multiples, average dollar per
transaction, accessories, etc) and responds with solutions that
drive sales success.
* Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store
goals and maximize their individual performance.
* Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited
to, an in depth knowledge of the store's key performance
indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
* Works with Store Manager to identify strong performers with
potential for growth.
* Recruits, onboards, trains and develops store team and ensures
all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to
drive continuous improvement.
* Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective
customer service management at all times.
* Actively ensures key brands and product knowledge is transferred
into sales skills in all relevant categories.
* Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and
* Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention, cash handling,
and banking procedures are followed and adhered to.
* Partners with Store Manager in planning, implementing, and
executing change in regards to company initiatives in order to
improve organizational performance.
* Upholds company policies, procedures, and standards regarding
personal and store sales/performance metrics.
* Provides and supports a respectful, inclusive and diverse working
environment that allows our employees to be successful.
* Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
* Additional duties and projects as required.
*Required Education and/or Experience*
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or
1 - 2 year related leadership experience, preferably in a retail
environment, or equivalent combination of education and
*Required Computer and/or Technical Skills*
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
*Core Competencies: *
- Communication Skills
- Must be an effective communicator with internal and external
individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written,
electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be
consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team
- Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the
routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas
beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar
situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Must be
21 years of age or older, except where such requirements are
prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following
states/territories: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New
Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of Columbia, and Puerto
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable
accommodations may be made as related to an employee's religion,
ethnicity, or disability:
* Requires an open availability, including availability during the
hours necessary to open and close the store, which includes
mornings, days, and nights.
* Minimum standard of a 40 hour work week.
* Minimum standard work week of 5 days.
* Requires availability on weekends and holidays
* Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company's
policies are required for the position.
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers
and effectively supervise staff.
* Must be able to read and write English and perform
business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business
and understand corporate sales reports.
* Assistant Sales Manager has agreed to relocate within six (6)
months of completion of Finish Line required training, or store
offer, whichever comes first. (Failure to relocate or assume a
Store Manager role will result in Assistant Manager being placed in
position of Supervisor, or other lower level position, with an
hourly wage reflective of the new position.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Requires standing approximately 5 to 14 hours per day.
* During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will
work for long periods throughout a 4 - 14 hour day.
* Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer's
feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise
on storage racks.
* May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in
order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
* Required to lift items weighing 5 - 25 lbs regularly. In certain
circumstances, weights may be higher.
* Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
* The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy
_The company reserves the right to modify this job description with
or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional
duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: JD Finish Line, Leominster , Assistant Store Manager - Mall of Whitney (438), Executive , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!