Posted on: September 24, 2018
Remote position which will consist of 6 units:
- South Burlington, VT
- Rutland, VT
- West Lebanon, NH
- Leominster, MA
- Nashua, NH
- Worcester, MA
This position is responsible for revenue growth through planning, direction setting, operational focus, financial results management, coaching of in-restaurant leaders, and employee development for a group of corporate-owned restaurants within a specified geographic area.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Consistently embodies Dennys Guiding Principles of Guests First, Embrace Openness, Proud of Our Heritage, Hungry to Win and The Power of We.
- Drives sales, guest count growth and profit for assigned geographic area.
- Encourages General Managers to promote Dennys through community involvement activities and coaches General Managers to develop and execute their local store marketing plans.
- Ensures the success of the divisional, national and local store marketing programs and promoting marketing initiatives.
- Coaches General Managers to ensure Dennys Brand Standards, policies and procedures, all health codes and other regulatory requirements, and employment laws.
- Interprets financial and operational reports, analyzes and identifies gaps in operational performance (including balanced scorecard and other published reports) and develops and successfully implements solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved.
- Communicates the companys objectives to all store management teams, and leads the annual area planning process by aligning area goals with the corporate strategic annual operating plan.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and develops General Managers and Restaurant Managers and proactively executes succession planning for future management needs; coaches General Managers on talent assessment within their own units.
- Coaches management teams to ensure a service and hospitality focused environment for our guests and employees.
- Assumes accountability for the management teams performance; coaches General Managers to ensure effective management routines and operating systems within each unit; addresses performance issues quickly; provides ongoing coaching and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of 4 years restaurant management or similar operations leadership experience required; complimentary experience in Training, Health and Safety, Human Resources, or Facilities Departments a plus. Multi-unit leadership experience preferred.
- Food Safety Manager certification required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to handle high stress situations.
- Excellent oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to coach and motivate others to achieve area and corporate goals.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to partner with others to achieve results/resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for others.
- Excellent financial and business acumen.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, days and evenings.
- Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in confined work area.
- Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Must be able to work inside and outside of the restaurant.
- Must be able to operate the Dennys point-of-sale system.
- Must be able to drive, stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to travel frequently (up to 75%), including overnight stays and airline travel when applicable.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperature changes in kitchen and freezer areas.
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.
Keywords: Denny's, Leominster , District Manager, Executive , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!