Associate Director, Alliance Management
Company: Sarepta Therapeutics
Posted on: August 19, 2019
The Associate Director of Alliance Management is responsible for
ensuring that major operational partnerships are proactively and
effectively managed. This role manages complex deals and launches
strategic collaborations to forge new biotech alliances with
partnering organizations. The Associate Director is responsible for
optimizing relationships and resolving issues to minimize risks for
both Sarepta and its partnering organization(s). This position
reports to the Director of Alliance Management and drives strategic
partnerships to deliver future legs of Sarepta s growth.
Collaborations are a key component of Sarepta s corporate strategy,
and this is a high-profile position with significant exposure
across the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Build strong relationships with new and existing biotech and
academic partners to ensure that we achieve our mutual goals as
part of the alliance.
* Coordinate strategies, including development and commercial,
while driving tactical execution with alliance partner(s).
* Direct specific alliance agreements and governance activities,
including procedures for decision making, project team meetings,
data exchange, etc.
* Manage contractual obligations, such as milestone payments, and
advise collaboration participants on how the partnership contract
should be implemented.
* Track progress, including coordinating the definition and
reporting of the KPIs, as well as leading periodic health checks to
monitor the strength and effectiveness of the partnership.
* Build trust and a positive business relationship that ensure
alliances are kept on track; identify important value drivers and
key risks, leading efforts to mitigate risks and accelerate value
to both parties.
* Lead reviews with senior management to communicate key issues,
milestones, and gather feedback.
* Manage dispute resolution and understand project/partnership
details to manage day-to-day collaborations, engaging appropriate
internal and partner decision makers, as needed.
* Manage joint meetings with partner organizations; includes Joint
Operating Committee and functional sub-teams.
* Build robust, interactive relationships with cross-functional
stakeholders across commercial, R&D organizations, and alliance
teams to drive partnerships forward.
* Provide input to Business Development (BD) to ensure alliance
management considerations are represented; partner with BD on
* Proactively seek opportunities to extend business relationships
by expanding existing partnerships or creating additional
Education and Skills Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred, with at
least 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with
first-hand experience in the management of or working within
research, development or commercial alliances or management of
development stage programs.
* Direct alliance management experience within academia,
pharmaceutical or biotech industry; experience in launching and
* Demonstrated ability to work with and coordinate demands from
multiple customers, both internally and with external partners.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work
cross-functionally, manage crisis, and align interests of multiple
* Demonstrated attention to detail, excellence in project
management and ability to effectively manage multiple
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of the drug development process across
the spectrum of development and commercialization.
* Experience in navigating a matrix organization with solid
successful experience in influencing across multiple areas without
direct authority and ability to handle ambiguity.
* Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication,
negotiation, and presentation skills.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and participates in e-Verify.
Keywords: Sarepta Therapeutics, Leominster , Associate Director, Alliance Management, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!