RN Primary Nurse - Summit ElderCare - Leominster
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: November 16, 2020
RN Primary Nurse - Summit ElderCare -
LeominsterUS-MA-LeominsterJob ID: 6130Type: Full Time# of Openings:
1Category: NursingSummit ElderCare - LeominsterOverviewAbout Fallon
HealthFounded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care
services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs
of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health
insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare
products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and
services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and
individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently
ranked among the nation's top health plans, and is accredited by
the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare
Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit
fallonhealth.org.About Summit ElderCare: Fallon Health operates the
largest Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in New
England and the fifth largest in the country. Called Summit
ElderCare, Fallon's PACE helps provide older adults and their
caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing home care.
Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to comprehensive
medical services and social support at a Summit ElderCare site
while they keep the independence of living in their own homes and
communities. Position Summary:Responsible for the effective
management and delivery of direct nursing care to PACE participants
in any setting utilizing nursing process and adhering to standards
of nursing practice. ResponsibilitiesPrimary job
- Primary nurse not only has the responsibility for the
participant, but the authority to advocate for the best care for
the participant unique to their situation.
- Fostering a relationship with the caregiver and
- Primary Nurse will take on a Leadership Role.
- Effectively communicate with the healthcare team.
- Assigns tasks and duties to the healthcare team; ensure the
tasks are completed; responsible for their panel.
- Develops an individualized plan of care.
- Accountability for assessments, communicating needs and
coordinating the care team.
- Primary nurse develops the plan of care
- Reviews and implements Provider's orders.
- Conducts nursing assessments according to policy guidelines
including physical, psychosocial, behavioral, and MDS-HC as
- Involves participants and significant other(s) based on needs
- Delivers care to participants in any setting, including skilled
services, based on individualized needs and according to
age-appropriate nursing standards.
- Provides for cultural and diverse needs of participants when
- Monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions.
- Delegates and or accepts participants' care responsibilities to
other members of the health care team, when appropriate.
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate
- Meets the needs of participants in a timely manner.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) process and
collaborates with IDT members to meet the needs of
- Consistently documents all aspects of participant care,
including significant changes in health status, monthly nurses'
notes and health care teaching in the medical record.
- Participates in training and orientation of new nursing staff
- Assists in the delivery of other nursing services as
- Participates in the nursing "on-call" rotation as
- Initiates and completes falls, infection, grievance and
- Participates in CMS calls when deemed necessary.
- Active participant in the site specific committees.
- Participates in the post IDT huddle and any other additional
- Any additional tasks deemed necessary by the Clinical Nurse
Manager and or Site Director.
- Assumes the role of the home care nurse, floor or triage nurse
per the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Site Director as
- Performs all duties in accordance with FCHP and Summit
ElderCare policies and procedures.
- Functions independently to administer medications and
treatments as ordered by the provider.
- Functions independently in the primary nurse role. Independent
in performing a nursing assessment and executing the plan of care
in all settings the participant maybe in.
- Medication administration
- Performing bladder scans, EKG, Point of Care, and glucometer
testing---QualificationsEducation, Licenses, certification and
experience requirements: Education: Graduate of an accredited
school of nursing License: Current license as an RN in the state of
Massachusetts Certification: CPR and Alzheimer's certification, or
willingness to be certified within 60 days of hire, is
essential.--------- Experience: At least two years of recent
experience in the direct care of adults or chronically disabled
persons with at least one year caring for a frail or elderly
population.---Ambulatory care or home care experience
helpful.Ability to use an electronic medical record.
Other:------Reliable Transportation Required--- Fallon Health
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Leominster , RN Primary Nurse - Summit ElderCare - Leominster, Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!