Clinical Manager-Summit ElderCare Pace Program-Leominster, MA
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Clinical Manager-Summit ElderCare Pace Program-Leominster,
MAUS-MA-LeominsterJob ID: 6113Type: Full Time# of Openings:
1Category: Medical ManagementSummit ElderCare -
LeominsterOverviewAbout Fallon HealthFounded in 1977, Fallon Health
is a leading health care services organization that supports the
diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to
offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of
Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health
care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated
care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon
has consistently ranked among the nation's top health plans, and is
accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its
HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more
information, visit fallonhealth.org.About Summit ElderCare: Fallon
Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care for the
Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the country.
Called Summit ElderCare, Fallon's PACE helps provide older adults
and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing home
care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to comprehensive
medical services and social support at a Summit ElderCare site
while they keep the independence of living in their own homes and
communities. Brief Summary of Purpose:Provides program level
guidance and recommendations relevant to the provision of clinical
and nursing services. Oversees implementation of discipline
specific policies and procedures. Responsible for the operations of
the PACE center clinic. Oversees all nursing services provided to
the participants at the center. Supervises and directs RNs, LPNs
and Health Aides assigned to the ADHC. Functions as the Assistant
Program Director as needed/assigned.Responsibilities Primary Job
- Assists with recruitment and training of staff within the
- Participates in the oversight of related contracted
- Monitors PACE, ADHC and state discipline specific regulations
to identify, communicate and when appropriate, implement needed
- Represents the program and related discipline at assigned
community and external events upon request.
- Develops and maintain discipline specific competency
- Coordinates the provision of patient care throughout the
- Collaborates with participants, caregivers, physicians, nurse
practitioners and other staff to meet participants' needs.
- Delegates work to nursing staff members according to their
scope of practice by establishing work assignments and coordinating
- Participates in all types of Interdisciplinary Team
- Participates in management and quality meetings as
- Coordinates/supervises the purchase of
- Assures that clinical equipment is in good working condition in
collaboration with the Quality and Risk Manager.
- Assumes responsibility for inservice education for nursing
- Interviews potential nursing staff candidates and makes
recommendations for hiring to Site Director.
- Conducts new staff orientation and performance evaluations for
clinical staff in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular staff meetings with clinical staff.
- Assists with routine nursing duties as required.
- Assures that corrective action plans are completed for
incidents related to clinical services.
- Assists the Site Director to carry out administrative duties as
needed. Functions as acting Site Director in the Site Director's
- Accepts "on-call" duty on a rotating basis and assists the Site
Director with scheduling the rotation.
- Performs all duties in accordance with FCHP and Summit
ElderCare policies and procedures.
- Oversees site RN On Call rotation and Process; ensures RN
coverage for on call
- Provide program level of guidance to the clinical and nursing
services being delivered
- Assist the Site Director to establish goals and objectives
related to the clinical setting
- Assist in overseeing PACE regulations and policy and procedures
are bering adhered too.
- Assume responsibility of inservicing staff
- Assist with onboarding nurses to the Springfield PACE
centerQualificationsEducation:Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing strongly preferred
License:License to practice as an RN in the state of Massachusetts
Certification: CPR certification or willingness to be certified
- At least two years of managerial experience working with frail
elders in a health care setting.------------
- Possesses nursing assessment skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team model
- Knowledge of the nursing care planning process. Nice-to-Haves:
- Ambulatory clinic experience is helpful but not
- IV CertifiedFallon Health provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. PI125926151
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Leominster , Clinical Manager-Summit ElderCare Pace Program-Leominster, MA, Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!