RN - Triage - Growing Elder Services Day Program - Leominster
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: February 19, 2021
RN - Triage - Growing Elder Services Day Program -
Job ID: 6111Type: Full Time# of Openings: 1Category: NursingSummit
ElderCare - Leominster
Why should I consider a Nursing opportunity in a PACE program at
- No Nights!
- No Holidays!
- 8-5 standard schedule!
- The only on-call is a low-volume weekend rotation spread across
all the other Nurses!
- Collaborative and supportive full team approach to our care
- Some wonderful relationships established with the member
participants you care for! About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services
organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those
we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance
solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel
in creating unique health care programs and services that provide
coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with
complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the
nation's top health plans, and is accredited by the National
Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and
Medicaid products. For more information, visit
About Summit ElderCare:
Fallon Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care
for the Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the
country. Called Summit ElderCare, Fallon's PACE helps provide older
adults and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing
home care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to
comprehensive medical services and social support at a Summit
ElderCare site while they keep the independence of living in their
own homes and communities.
Responsible for the effective management and delivery of direct
nursing care to PACE participants in any setting utilizing nursing
process and adhering to standards of nursing practice.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Reviews and implements Provider's orders .
- Conducts nursing assessments according to policy guidelines
including physical, psychosocial, behavioral, and MDS-HC as
- Involves participants and significant other(s) based on needs
- Delivers care to participants in any setting, including skilled
services, based on individualized needs and according to
age-appropriate nursing standards.
- Provides for cultural and diverse needs of participants when
- Monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions.
- Participates in the development and ongoing review of each
participant's care plan.
- Delegates participants' care responsibilities to other members
of the health care team, when appropriate.
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate
- Meets the needs of participants in a timely manner.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) process and
collaborates with IDT members to meet the needs of
- Consistently documents all aspects of participant care,
including significant changes in health status, monthly nurses'
notes and health care teaching in the medical record.
- Participates in training and orientation of new nursing staff
- Assists in the delivery of other nursing services as
- Participates in the nursing "on-call" rotation as
- Performs all duties in accordance with FCHP and Summit
ElderCare policies and procedures. Qualifications
Education, Licenses, certification and experience requirements:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
C urrent license as an RN in the state of Massachusetts
CPR and Alzheimer's certification, or willingness to be certified
within 60 days of hire, is essential.
At least two years of recent experience in the direct care of
adults or chronically disabled persons with at least one year
caring for a frail or elderly population . Ambulatory care or home
care experience helpful.
Fallon Health provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Leominster , RN - Triage - Growing Elder Services Day Program - Leominster, Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!