Acute Care RN
Company: Community Healthlink
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Overview:***Sign On Bonus Offered for this position!!***
Come join a friendly and inclusive team that provides quality care!
Community Healthlink (CHL) recognizes the power of a diverse
community and seeks applications from individuals with varied
experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.Community Healthlink
(CHL) is looking for Full-time(37.5 hrs/wk) Acute Care RN in
These community-based units provide short-term therapeutic
psychiatric/substance abuse treatment in a structured environment
with 24-hour observation and supervision and individualized
treatment interventions focused on the crisis and crisis
resolution. The population for the CSU program include both males
and females that are at least 18 years of age.
The North County Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) serves clients who
are admitted due to struggle with a mental health crisis often
additionally struggling with substance abuse. Our clients enter the
program with an evaluation and client history completed by a
qualified clinician prior to admission. The CSU may be used as a
diversion to prevent a hospitalization or as a step-down
immediately following a psychiatric hospital discharge to assist
the client in transitioning back into the community. The unit
receives admissions 24 hours/day, 365 days/year depending on bed
availability (13 beds) for clients who do not need hospital level
of care and meet the unit's admission criteria. Although a
voluntary program, individuals must remain on the unit for the
duration of their stay for safety and treatment purposes. Clients
meet with a multi-disciplinary team to aid with following their
individualized treatment plan and meet their treatment goals as
well as a psychiatric workup and medication evaluation.
Community RN's provide nursing assessment, treatment, education and
health care service coordination to individuals and families. Their
focus is on promoting and maintaining an optimal level of health.
The RN collaborates with all components of the team and other
health care agencies to ensure coordinated, comprehensive services.
Services will be provided at CHL and outreach locations
Compensation based on education and related work experience,
licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursementResponsibilities:
- Complete medical assessments of consumers. Work with individual
consumers as a smoking cessation counselor.
- Complete nursing assessments of clients screening and testing
for but not limited to such diseases as Covid 19, diabetes,
hypertension, , tuberculosis etc---
- May lead educational orientated groups about medications and
medical needs and concerns for both consumers and staff. Provide
educational support to increase knowledge base of consumers and
staff regarding medical conditions. Directs activities centered
around primary prevention which may include organization,
engagement in and transportation to physical activities with
- Contribute to development of treatment planning process
particularly as related to medical issues and self-medication
skills development and medical areas.
- Ensure healthful menu planning and nutrition education for
staff and consumers.
- Report to Program Coordinator any personnel action required to
ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Attend teams, rounds, staff meetings, Infection Control
Committee, case conferences, and collaborate with other providers
- Medical assessments need to be written to meet standards and
are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Reviews medical records on all Respite consumers.
- Develop and implement plans to train staff and consumers in
medication, proper documentation, and other medically related
- Provide ongoing risk management.
- Coordination and support to program staff and consumers.
- Assist residential counselors in advocating for the consumers
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards
of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance
toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 9: Community RN: Graduate of an accredited school of
Nursing with current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- Performs duties using recovery oriented principles
- Demonstrates person centered strength based communications and
relationship with consumers
- Ability to maintain knowledge base in accordance with current
trends in the field and in accordance with agency priorities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in standard nursing practice including
assessment, intervention and evaluation.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background checkCommunity
Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We
do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the
basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability,
religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference,
political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable
law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed
without regard to the above listed items.If applicable, Community
Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR
60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified
individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require
affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in
employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with
Keywords: Community Healthlink, Leominster , Acute Care RN , Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!