RN Primary Nurse - Leominster - Why Fallonhealth? - Because we love Nurses!
Company: Fallon Health
Posted on: January 19, 2023
OverviewWhy should I consider a Nursing opportunity in a PACE
program at Summit?
- No Nights!
- No Holidays!
- 8-5 standard schedule!
- The only on-call is a low-volume weekend rotation spread across
all the other Nurses!
- Collaborative and supportive full team approach to our care
- Some wonderful relationships established with the member
participants you care for!About Fallon HealthFounded in 1977,
Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that
supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In
addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a
variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating
unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated,
integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health
needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nations top health
plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality
Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products.
For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.About Summit ElderCare
:Fallon Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care
for the Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the
country. Called Summit ElderCare, Fallons PACE helps provide older
adults and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing
home care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to
comprehensive medical services and social support at a Summit
ElderCare site while they keep the independence of living in their
own homes and communities.Position Summary:Responsible for the
effective management and delivery of direct nursing care to PACE
participants in any setting utilizing nursing process and adhering
to standards of nursing practice.ResponsibilitiesPrimary job
- Primary nurse not only has the responsibility for the
participant, but the authority to advocate for the best care for
the participant unique to their situation.
- Fostering a relationship with the caregiver and
- Primary Nurse will take on a Leadership Role.
- Effectively communicate with the healthcare team.
- Assigns tasks and duties to the healthcare team; ensure the
tasks are completed; responsible for their panel.
- Develops an individualized plan of care.
- Accountability for assessments, communicating needs and
coordinating the care team.
- Primary nurse develops the plan of care
- Reviews and implements Providers orders.
- Conducts nursing assessments according to policy guidelines
including physical, psychosocial, behavioral, and MDS-HC as
- Involves participants and significant other(s) based on needs
- Delivers care to participants in any setting, including skilled
services, based on individualized needs and according to
age-appropriate nursing standards.
- Provides for cultural and diverse needs of participants when
- Monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions.
- Delegates and or accepts participants care responsibilities to
other members of the health care team, when appropriate.
- Identifies emergency situations and initiates appropriate
- Meets the needs of participants in a timely manner.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) process and
collaborates with IDT members to meet the needs of
- Consistently documents all aspects of participant care,
including significant changes in health status, monthly nurses
notes and health care teaching in the medical record.
- Participates in training and orientation of new nursing staff
- Assists in the delivery of other nursing services as
- Participates in the nursing on-call rotation as assigned.
- Initiates and completes falls, infection, grievance and
- Participates in CMS calls when deemed necessary.
- Active participant in the site specific committees.
- Participates in the post IDT huddle and any other additional
- Any additional tasks deemed necessary by the Clinical Nurse
Manager and or Site Director.
- Assumes the role of the home care nurse, floor or triage nurse
per the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager or Site Director as
- Performs all duties in accordance with FCHP and Summit
ElderCare policies and procedures.
- Functions independently to administer medications and
treatments as ordered by the provider. Functions independently in
the primary nurse role. Independent in performing a nursing
assessment and executing the plan of care in all settings the
participant maybe in.
- Medication administration
- Performing bladder scans, EKG, Point of Care, and glucometer
testingQualificationsEducation, Licenses, certification and
experience requirements:Education: Graduate of an accredited school
of nursingLicense: Current license as an RN in the state of
MassachusettsCertification: CPR and Alzheimers certification, or
willingness to be certified within 60 days of hire, is essential.
**Experience: At least two years of recent experience in the direct
care of adults or chronically disabled persons with at least one
year caring for a frail or elderly population. ** Ambulatory care
or home care experience helpful. ***Other:Reliable Transportation
Required*Fallon Health provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.JT18Location US-MA-LeominsterPosted
Date 4 days ago (1/10/2023 12:08 PM)Job ID 7142# Positions
Keywords: Fallon Health, Leominster , RN Primary Nurse - Leominster - Why Fallonhealth? - Because we love Nurses!, Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!