Medical Assistant - Growing Elder Care Services Program - Leominster
Company: Fallon Health
Posted on: February 3, 2020
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording
medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary
physical tests; taking baseline vitals; reporting patient history
* Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality
by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing
diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and reporting to
Clinical Manager when below PAR levels;
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational
opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to
professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state,
and local requirements.
* Demonstrates an ability to relate well to participants;
anticipates their needs and encourages independence.
* Carries out clinical tasks such as assessment of vital signs,
urine testing, foot care, simple dressings, catheter care, CD bag
changes, hot packs and delivery of laboratory specimens.
* Assists participants in completion of PT/OT maintenance therapy
program including, but not limited to, exercises and ambulation, as
* Documents all care rendered in the electronic medical record.
* Works as a member of the clinical team to provide high quality,
timely service to patients.
* Prepares patient for examination by the PACE medical provider
* Identifies and reports emergency situations to nursing and
provider personnel, applies first aid as necessary and assists as
his/her competency will allow.
* Provides care appropriate to patient population served.
* Utilizes knowledge to provide services under established
organization and department policies and procedures
* Reviews, understands, and adheres to all department policies and
* Tracks all lab requests and future lab draws.
* Final lab copies are given to designated provider.
* Obtains routine and emergency blood samples by veni-puncture in
accordance with established quality control procedures both at the
PACE center and in the participant s home, as needed.
* Tracks all results and charts labs in the electronic medical
Education: High School Diploma, completion of qualified phlebotomy
course and internship
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with CPR, EKG, and phlebotomy
Minimum 1 year working with elderly population
* Demonstrates commitment to the Fallon Health Mission, Values and
* Specific competencies essential to this position:
* Bladder Scanning
* Vital Signs
* Simple Dressing Changes
* Urine Testing
* Foot Care
Fallon Health is an equal opportunity employer. It is very
important for us to maintain a consistant hiring process for every
candidate. In addition, we are also a government contractor with
requirements to report on our Affirmative Action planning. To that
end, we require everyone to apply online.
If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact Human Resources
at 1-508-368-9893 (TRS 711).
Keywords: Fallon Health, Leominster , Medical Assistant - Growing Elder Care Services Program - Leominster, Healthcare , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!