Machine Operator Worcester, MA
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Eaton's B-Line Division is currently seeking a Fabricator
Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester,
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.Position
Overview:Set-up/operation of multiple mechanical or hydraulic
brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot
welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet
customer demands. Maintain necessary records for all operations
including 1st. piece inspection and safety start-up. Monitor
equipment conditions and perform basic preventative maintenance.
Checks completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant
Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required to
meet quality goals. In this function you will:
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as
- Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and
regulations, and work instructions.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Assist with on-the-job training and continuous
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton's goals,
philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through
participation and teamwork.
- General knowledge of Eaton Quality Management System
- Perform other duties as required. When we embrace the different
ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we
- as individuals and as a company - are stronger. Qualifications
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only
candidates in the immediate geographic area (50-mile radius) will
- 6+ months experience in light to medium industrial
manufacturing environment Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-3 years' experience in fabrication of machine operation in
light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings,
and/or engineering drawings. Position Criteria:
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to
regularly lift up-to 35-pounds.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters. We are committed
to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants
and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related
reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology
and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and
infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in
common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to
improving people's lives and the environment with power management
technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and
sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can
deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our
employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.Job: Manufacturing &
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Keywords: Eaton, Leominster , Machine Operator Worcester, MA, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!