Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a
FIRST Shift Shear Machine Operator to join our
team.This position is
based at our Worcester, MA facility.
The Sheet Metal Fabricator
will set-up/operation of
multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret
punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components
for product assemblies to meet customer demands.
In this function you
- Setup/Operate multiple
mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch
presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for
- Maintain necessary records for
all operations including 1st piece
- Monitor equipment conditions and
perform basic preventive maintenance
- Maintain equipment and perform
housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Check completed parts to ensure
compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and makes necessary
adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
- Assist team in achieving plant
and department goals.
- Fosters an environment that
promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous
improvement through participation and teamwork.
Making what matters work at Eaton
takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an
environment where creativity, invention and discovery become
reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals
like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
When we embrace the different ideas,
perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as
individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is
- Minimum of two years years machine operation experience in a
light to medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates
are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience running mechanical or
hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders,
and spot welders in fabrication machines in light to medium
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of one year utilizing blueprints in a manufacturing
environment (formal, informal and/or engineering drawings)
Position Success Criteria:
- Reading and utilizing blueprints and engineering drawings
- Requires frequent standing and bending. Must be able to
regularly lift up-to 35-pounds
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings,
and/or engineering drawings.
- Ability to use measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No