Relief Residential Counselor-North County Crisis Stabilization Unit
Company: Community Healthlink, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides
quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a relief
(0-20 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor in Leominster, MA.
These community-based units provide short-term therapeutic
psychiatric/substance abuse treatment in a structured environment
with 24-hour observation and supervision and individualized
treatment interventions focused on the crisis and crisis
resolution. The population for the CSU program include both males
and females that are at least 18 years of age.
The North County Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) serves clients who
are admitted due to struggle with a mental health crisis often
additionally struggling with substance abuse. Our clients enter the
program with an evaluation and client history completed by a
qualified clinician prior to admission. The CSU may be used as a
diversion to prevent a hospitalization or as a step-down
immediately following a psychiatric hospital discharge to assist
the client in transitioning back into the community. The unit
receives admissions 24 hours/day, 365 days/year depending on bed
availability (13 beds) for clients who do not need hospital level
of care and meet the unit's admission criteria. Although a
voluntary program, individuals must remain on the unit for the
duration of their stay for safety and treatment purposes. Clients
meet with a multi-disciplinary team to aid with following their
individualized treatment plan and meet their treatment goals as
well as a psychiatric workup and medication evaluation.
If you are looking to give back to the community and help others,
this relief residential counselor position maybe the one for you. A
relief residential counselor can work 0-20 hours a week depending
on the program's need. In this flexible position, there are no set
shifts, and staff are scheduled or called as needed to cover empty
shifts. This gives you the opportunity to help others without the
This is a flexible scheduled position to fill in for emergent open
shifts overnight ranging from 0-20 hours per week.
* Serve as residential counselor for specified number of residents
as requested by supervisor
* Develop, implement and document treatment needs assessments,
treatment plan, and progress reviews as part of continuous quality
* Work with residents to assist with activities of daily living and
foster a sense of safety in the community. This includes personal
hygiene and self-care skills, money management and budgeting,
symptom management, relapse prevention, use of public
transportation and transporting, problem solving and conflict
resolution, and other interventions as necessary
* Ensure healthful menu planning, food shopping, and meal
preparation through coordination and assistance
* Monitor residents' medication, refills, documentation of
medications and changes, assist with attending appointments, and
* Lead two or more skill development or recreational group(s) per
week as assigned
* Attend teams and case conferences, and collaborate with other
providers for designated residents.
* Provide outreach as designated to community-based residents
* Prepare daily log entries, incident reports and other required
paperwork to ensure the program meets the standards
* Work with residents to maintain the residence on a daily basis
including chores, bedroom upkeep, yard and other light housekeeping
* Other related duties as assigned in order to provide quality
rehabilitation services. May include transporting residents in
personal car or program vehicle, physical assistance, close
supervision, and other such duties
* Human Rights, dual diagnosis, infection control, CPR, First Aid,
MAP, agency and divisional policy and procedures as well as other
* Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of
Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment
of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all
employees, patients and visitors.
* Grade 6: Residential Counselor II: Requires a Bachelor's degree;
preferably in the field of psychology or human services
* Preference will be given to those with experience in social
services and/or working with program's population.
* Desire to serve others required.
* Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to work independently,
and ability to contribute to team objectives required.
* All bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel
practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age,
ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status,
sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion
practices are performed without regard to the above listed
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected
veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
These regulations require affirmative action by Community
Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Community Healthlink, Inc., Leominster , Relief Residential Counselor-North County Crisis Stabilization Unit, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!