System Application Engineer (Regional) Americas
Company: Infineon Technologies
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Industrial Power Control is looking for a System Application
Engineer (Regional), who will be responsible for supporting
technical Go-to-Market (G2M) activities in the region to secure
design-ins at the application level and provide 2nd level technical
support at the application level and providing feedback on regional
application requirements. The resourceful System Application
Engineer will have the opportunity to make use of deep technical
knowledge in the fields of high power circuit topologies, thermal
design, power semiconductors (IGBTs, Silicon and Silicon Carbide
diodes and MOSFETs, thyristors and Gate Drivers), board layout,
simulation and trouble shooting. Focus Applications are Industrial
Automation (motor drives), Commercial and Agricultural Vehicles,
Energy Storage, Wind, and UPS.
In your new role you will:
- Support Field Application Engineers, Sales and Marketing to
secure design-in / win on application level
- Support G2M activities and develop as needed demos / reference
design, software and ecosystem partners within the region
- Provide 2nd level technical customer support for selected focus
applications and related Infineon solution offerings
- Provide technical application and system training in the region
to internal / external partners
- Provide structured application requirements and regional use
cases for global focus applications
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Physics or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of professional experience as an (Field)
Application Engineer or Design Engineer in the area of power
electronics hardware design.
- Experience in the selection of IGBT, SiC MOSFET, SiC diode, Si
diode and thyristor modules based on application requirements, gate
drive design, board layout, circuit including thermal simulation,
and trouble shooting.
- Practical experience in the lab
- Experience with EMI, mechanical module mounting and system
- Project Management skills
- Good communication skills with English fluency.
Keywords: Infineon Technologies, Leominster , System Application Engineer (Regional) Americas, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!