Residential Counselor Crisis Stabilization Unit
Company: Community Healthlink, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides
quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a part-time
(15 hrs/wk) Residential Counselor in Northern Worcester County.
The North County Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) serves clients
who are admitted due to struggle with a mental health crisis often
additionally struggling with substance abuse. Our clients enter the
program with an evaluation and client history completed by a
qualified clinician prior to admission. The CSU may be used as a
diversion to prevent a hospitalization or as a step-down
immediately following a psychiatric hospital discharge to assist
the client in transitioning back into the community. The unit
receives admissions 24 hours/day, 365 days/year depending on bed
availability (13 beds) for clients who do not need hospital level
of care and meet the unit's admission criteria. Although a
voluntary program, individuals must remain on the unit for the
duration of their stay for safety and treatment purposes. Clients
meet with a multi-disciplinary team to aid with following their
individualized treatment plan and meet their treatment goals as
well as a psychiatric workup and medication evaluation.
Residential Counselors conduct intakes and discharges for the
program and will work with clients on topics including personal
hygiene and self-care skills, money management and budgeting,
symptom management, relapse prevention, healthy eating, use of
public transportation and transporting, problem solving and
conflict resolution, and other interventions as necessary, running
therapeutic groups to further enhance life skills in these areas.
The Residential Counselor will monitor and distribute medication,
maintain unit facility as required, and complete routine paperwork
to ensure the program meets the standards
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work
experience, licensure and other qualificationsGenerous paid sick,
personal, holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsWellness activity
discountsWork related travel reimbursement
- Performs duties using recovery orientated principles.
- Maintain and comply with regulations for DMH, HUD, BSAS and DPH
- Effective communication with consumers, peers, other
- Ability to write behaviorally stated treatment plans.
- Ability to observe, document, teach and respond to mental and
physical health as well as other needs of consumers such as
community living skills.
- Demonstrates person centered strength based communication and
relationship with consumers.
- Demonstrate effective communication with staff, peers and other
- Must be able pass required trainings including Medication
Administration Program (MAP), CPR and First Aid
- Primary Counselor: Serve as residential counselor for specified
number of residents as requested by supervisor.
- Treatment Planning: Develop, implement and document treatment
needs assessments, treatment plan, and progress reviews as part of
continuous quality improvement activities.
- Community Living: Work with residents to assist with activities
of daily living and foster a sense of safety in the community which
includes personal hygiene and self-care skills, money management
and budgeting, symptom management, relapse prevention, use of
public transportation and transporting, problem solving and
conflict resolution, and other interventions as necessary.
- Nutrition: Ensure healthful menu planning, food shopping, and
meal preparation through coordination and assistance.
- Medications: Monitor residents' medication, refills,
documentation of medications and changes, assist with attending
appointments, and safe storage.
- Groups: Lead two or more skill development or recreational
group (s) per week as assigned.
- Continuity of Care: Attend teams and case conferences, and
collaborate with other providers for designated residents. Provide
outreach as designated to community-based residents.
- Routine Paperwork: Prepare daily log entries, incident reports
and other required paperwork to ensure the program meets the
- Facility Upkeep: Work with residents to maintain the residence
on a daily basis including chores, bedroom upkeep, yard and other
light housekeeping duties.
- Other Duties: Other related job duties as assigned in order to
provide quality rehabilitation services. May include transporting
residents in personal car or program vehicle, physical assistance,
close supervision, and other such duties.
- Maintain Competencies: Human Rights, dual diagnosis, infection
control, CPR, First Aid, MAP, agency and divisional policy and
procedures as well as other required competencies.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards
of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an
environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance
toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 6: Residential Counselor II: Bachelor's degree in social
work or related mental health field or occupational therapist with
- Will consider Bachelor's degree in non-related field with human
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide
registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related
purposes including transporting clients in your own vehicle
- All Bilingual applicants are strongly urged to apply.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel
practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age,
ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status,
sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis
prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion
practices are performed without regard to the above listed
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected
veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
These regulations require affirmative action by Community
Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Community Healthlink, Inc., Leominster , Residential Counselor Crisis Stabilization Unit, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!