RN Per Diem, Hospice
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Title: Hospice Registered Nurse Per Diem
Department: HHH Hospice Nursing
Hours: Per Diem
Shift: M-F 8-430 as needed, one weekend a month, 2x on call
overnights per month
Location: HealthAlliance, Leominster Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial
Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are
committed to improving the health of people through excellence in
care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle
habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free
campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers
with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our
community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton
Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The Home Health & Hospice RN (HHHRN) provides care to patients
who are in need of care in their homes. Home health & hospice
nursing practice considers the needs of the patient, their family
and/or the patient's caregivers. The HHHRN provides care to
patients across the lifespan, from prenatal to post-death periods.
Home health nursing takes a holistic approach to personal health
practices when treating diseases or disabilities. The practice
embraces primary, secondary and tertiary prevention; assisting
patients and families to coordinate community resources and health
insurance benefits as well as hands on delivery of nursing services
in patients home.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Assures case coordination and provides direct nursing care to
patients and families on a 7 day per week (Sunday to Saturday)
basis including day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday
- Meets patient care productivity standards established by the
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health
or the situation.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine the diagnoses or
- Identifies expected outcomes in a plan individualized to the
patient, family and/or caregivers and the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the individualized patient plan of care.
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Employs strategies to promote health, comfort, and a safe
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of
his/her nursing practice.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to
professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes,
rules, and regulations.
- Interacts with peers and colleagues, and contributes to their
- Collaborates with the patient, family, and others in the
conduct of nursing practice.
- Integrates ethical principles into all areas of practice.
- Integrates best practices and/or research findings into
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and impact
on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes
satisfy the Hospital Three Pillars: Finance, Quality, and Service
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of
the Hospital and serve as a role model for the CARES - It Happens
Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in
a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to
all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps
others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful
- Adheres to the Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards
and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies
and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work
- Actively contributes to the development and application of
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and
colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's
achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee
populations. Supports and encourage diverse points of view, work
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through
the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to perform all duties according to American Nurses
Association Scope & Standards of Practice for Home Health Nursing
professional standards and Hospital policies and procedures.
- Ability to use a laptop computer.
- Ability to proficiently utilize or learn to proficiently
utilize MS Office applications, e-mail, Point-of-Care software
applications, and other wireless applications.
- Ability to perform comprehensive physical and psycho-social
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a
diverse patient population.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing Required
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
- 2-5 years of recent (within the past 18 months)
medical-surgical experience either in an acute or sub acute setting
or same experience working in a certified home health agency or
licensed hospice is required.
- Previous case management or program management experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which
provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above,
may be substituted for the above education and experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Valid and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- Specialty nursing certification as a home health nurse, hospice
and palliative care nurse or case manager preferred.
- Completion of the Certified Oasis Specialist certificate
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license recognized by the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts and access to a reliable, insured
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Leominster , RN Per Diem, Hospice, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!