Hospice Nurse Practitioner NP | PRN
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members,
recognizes your special skills and experience and offers
opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who
help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high
quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for hospice patients one-on-one in home environment with
flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to
Progressive, stable company with leading-edge technology and a
commitment to patient outcomes
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team.
Hospice Nurse Practitioner - Per Diem Worcester /
What You Will Do:
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) for Amedisys, you will work
autonomously but in collaboration with physicians to deliver
primary medical care for adult hospice patients. You will provide
advanced practice nursing services through palliation and
management of the terminal condition, and develop treatment plans
for patients at home and possible other settings which may include:
general inpatient units, hospitals, assisted living, independent
living, senior housing, and skilled nursing facilities.
• Communicate significant findings, problems, changes in condition
or environment to the clinical manager/attending physician and
other members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Complete face to face encounters and assesses the following:
disease related changes, decline in function, adherence and
effectiveness of pain and symptom regimen, the patient and family
coping mechanisms and quality of life.
• Order and review appropriate lab, x-rays, EKG's and other
diagnostic procedures for palliation and treatment of the terminal
disease as dictated by the patient's condition and documents the
treatment plan accordingly and reviews results with collaborating
• Make referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient's
• Actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences
• Master's Degree or higher degree in Nursing
• Current and unencumbered license as a Nurse Practitioner in
the state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
• Must meet the training, education and experience
requirements to be authorized to practice as a nurse practitioner
in the state where services are provided including, without
limitation, being certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a recognized
national certifying body that has established standards for nurse
• Must have the authority to practice, prescribe and have
Medicare billing privileges as a nurse practitioner in the state
where services are provided.
• Must meet physician-nurse practitioner restrictive
collaborative requirements specific to state assigned to work by
the Company and supply a copy of all active collaborating physician
agreements and indicate whether these will be transferable to your
employment with Amedisys.
• Must have insurance required by state law for nurse
practitioners to practice [and prescribe] in the state where
services are provided, or be eligible for such insurance
requirements to be satisfied by group coverage with an employer
• Current CPR certification.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license
and practice required liability insurance
• Previous experience in geriatric primary care
• Previous experience and education in palliative care
• National certifications in field of expertise
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national
origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Leominster , Hospice Nurse Practitioner NP | PRN, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!