L&D Cert. Surg Tech, Eves; $2,500 Sign On Bonus!
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Title: Labor & Delivery Certified Surgical Tech
Department: Maternity Delivery
Requisition #: 214073
Shift: 3:00pm to 11:30pm including every other weekend and
holiday. Includes on-call evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
per dept rotation.
Posting Date: 4/30/2021
Location: Leominster Campus
$2,500 Sign On Bonus! Per UMMHC Policy, candidates already
working for UMASS Memorial Healthcare are not eligible for this
Requires On Call per department schedule.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and surgeon the
certified surgical technologist facilitates the safe and effective
conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the
operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions
properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under
conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists
possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and
aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy,
surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to
facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and
Job duties specific to Surgical Technologist:
- Demonstrates proficiency in the scrub role in all cases under
the supervision of the Circulating RN.
- Maintains a safe, sterile environment in all aspects of the
technologists' role according to departmental policy and
- Anticipates needs for addition special equipment and supplies
before the procedure and requests it from the circulating
- Sets up the back table and Mayo tray with instruments and
supplies according to the procedure and surgeon preference
- Performs Surgical Count with Circulating RN according to HAH
- Provides preoperative assistance in the organization of
supplies, equipment and the Operating Room for each procedure
- Uses preference cards in preparing for current cases and in
picking for cases booked the following day.
- Updates and maintains the surgical preference cards.
- Maintains the service inventories when assigned.
- Establishes and maintains sterile field for all surgical
- Applies knowledge of aseptic technique, homeostasis and
surgical sequence on cases assigned.
- Responds in a calm, efficient manner in critical or emergency
- Handles and sets surgical instruments in a safe manner.
- Reports broken, malfunctioning or missing equipment is reported
to circulating nurse and/or OR materials coordinator.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role
proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and
- Initiates, completes and maintains records, documentation and
departmental logs with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Takes weekend, holiday or overnight call as required.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes
satisfy the Hospital Four Pillars: Finance, Quality, Service
Excellence, and People.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of
the Hospital and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens
Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in
a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to
all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps
others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful
- Adheres to the Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards
and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies
and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work
- Actively contributes to the development and application of
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and
colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's
achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee
populations. Supports and encourages diverse points of view, work
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through
the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment and instrumentation
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, homeostasis and surgical
sequence on cases assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
High school diploma or GED required. Successful completion of an
accredited surgical technical program.
Prior OR experience as a Certified Surgical Technologist
Current Surgical Technologist Certification required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which
provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above
may be substituted for the above education and experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC. :
Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board
of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required.
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Leominster , L&D Cert. Surg Tech, Eves; $2,500 Sign On Bonus!, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!