Company: Teknor Apex Company
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Lead and oversee all shift production and staff.
Responsibilities include insuring safety/environmental, production,
and quality procedures are followed. Respond to any incidents at
the site. Manage and develop staff, determine shift priorities, and
assign staff as needed. Respond to quality issues, assist operators
and group leaders to troubleshoot problems. Report maintenance
issues for timely completion and assist process engineering on
continuous improvement activities. Lead in the daily meetings that
are held in the facility to ensure solid communication between
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be
- Lead and manage the production staff at the site. Schedule and
assign personnel to meet the production schedule, establish shift
priorities based on the production plan, resolve processing issues
during the shift, and effectively use the Teknor Apex reporting
systems to report daily production results.
- Maintain an efficient work flow by monitoring all phases of the
production process. Monitor the workforce to make sure that all
procedures are being followed and the tools are being used as
designed. Stop any unsafe conditions and foster a spirit of
cooperation within and between shifts and departments.
- Achieve manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations
to the team. Appraise job results and initiate changes through
maintenance and engineering.
- Manage the staff by training, coaching, counseling, and
disciplining employees. Resolve personnel problems by analyzing
data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending
- Meet product quality requirements by following and enforcing
the company quality systems and procedures. Ensure that
manufacturing instructions are followed and submit requests for
changes when needed.
- Ensure the safe and proper operation of machinery by operators.
Evaluate and issue maintenance work orders when necessary.
- Ensure a clean safe work environment by educating and directing
personnel in the proper use of equipment and resources and
maintaining compliance with our safety and environmental
- Desire to improve professional and technical knowledge by
attending educational workshops and benchmarking state of the art
- Complete any other assignments as determined by manager.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to solve problems by using basic quality tools and
analyze various data information and reports
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and
- The ability to prioritize manufacturing orders and staff when
equipment problems arise
- Visionary Leadership- Inspires Respect and Trust
- Professionalism- Follows through on Commitments
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Culture Champion- Leader that sets an example for the team by
upholding company values.
- Organizational Support- Follows Policies and Procedures
- Effective Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Solid Problem Solving Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude and ability to work on several projects
- Strong Math Skills and the ability to calculate percentages on
- Information Systems- Able to learn and utilize ERP systems and
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Fosters a positive work attitude and aligns with Teknor Apex's
- Ability to identify employee capabilities and develop employees
in the organization
SUPERVISORY / SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has direct supervisory responsibilities with
subordinates and different departments reporting to this role.
- Position provides direct supervision for all production which
includes compounding, blending, and bagging operation.
- Position provides indirect supervision for maintenance,
quality, and lab personnel at the site.
- Position has direct responsibility for the shift performance in
meeting production and safety objectives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a supervisory
- Solid background in batch or continuous process
Keywords: Teknor Apex Company, Leominster , Production Supervisor, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!