CNA; $1,500 Sign On Bonus!; 4th Floor; Eves
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Title: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
Department: 4th Floor
Requisition #: 214655
Shift: Eves 3:00 PM-11:30 PM, including every other weekend and
Location: HealthAlliance, Leominster Campus
$1,500 Sign on Bonus! Per UMMHC Policy, candidates already
working for UMASS Memorial Healthcare are not eligible for this
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial
Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are
committed to improving the health of people through excellence in
care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle
habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free
campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers
with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our
community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton
Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) performs various patient
care activities related to caring for the personal needs and
comfort of an assigned group of residents under the direction of
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and works
under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Provides direct patient care in a safe sensitive, timely manner
according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role
proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and
- Assists and responds to the needs of a patient population to
provide a comfortable and safe environment. Duties may include, but
are not limited to:
- Responding to patients' call signals promptly, taking proper
action and follow up.
- Assisting with personal care (such as feeding, bathing,
grooming, and dressing.)
- Providing patient help with repositioning, walking, exercising,
and moving into and out of bed.
- Changing linens and cleaning rooms.
- Supports the processes of patient care provided by the medical
team by performing various duties including but not limited
- Taking and recording vital signs in accordance with
departmental policies and procedures.
- Observing, recording and reporting patients' conditions, food
and liquid intake and output, collecting samples, and reporting
changes to professional staff.
- Supplying and emptying bed pans, applying dressings,
supervising exercise routines, etc.
- May transport patients to treatment units, using a wheelchair
- Initiates, completes and maintains medical records, department
logs, unit/shift task lists and other documentation as
- Adheres to the principles of infection control in all aspects
of the CNA role.
- Answers unit phones and directs visitors.
- Makes fiscally responsible actions with patient care needs,
supplies and equipment.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency
- May be assigned to work in the role of a Patient Observer and
provide direct observation of one or more patients who have been
assessed as a safety risk to themselves and require constant
- Complies with all department and hospital policies and
- Participates in and completes all appropriate Hospital and
department specific training requirements.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes
satisfy the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Three Pillars: Finance,
Quality, and Service Excellence.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for the
CARES - It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in
a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to
all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps
others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct
and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies
and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work
- Actively contributes to the development and application of
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and
colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's
achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee
populations. Supports and encourages diverse points of view, work
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through
the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and as part of an efficient
- Ability to act in a respectful and professional manner at all
times even under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control guidelines,
and sterile technique.
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal
supervision and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and "customer" skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
High school diploma preferred. Completion of a CNA course and
the certifying exam.
Prior experience in a direct patient care setting preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which
provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above
may be substituted for the above education and experience
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
Must be certified as a CNA in Massachusetts
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Leominster , CNA; $1,500 Sign On Bonus!; 4th Floor; Eves, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!