CT Scan Technologist
Company: UMass Memorial Health Care
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Title: CT Scan Technologist
Department: CAT Scan LC
Requisition #: 213585
Shift: Variable 8-hour shifts. Every other weekend required;
holiday rotation required.
Posting Date: 04/08/2021
Location: HealthAlliance - Leominster Campus and Clinton
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial
Health Care system. Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are
committed to improving the health of people through excellence in
care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle
habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free
campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers
with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our
community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton
Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.
The CT Scan Technologist operates computed tomography (CT)
scanners to produce cross-sectional radiographs of patient's body
for diagnostic purposes. The CT Scan Technologist is responsible
for monitoring and maintaining essential patient care and safety
including practicing ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable).
- Follows all Quality Control policies and procedures for
compliance with departmental, local, state and federal
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply
with government regulations, hospital policy, and to ensure safety
of patients and staff.
- Greets patients politely and efficiently.
- Takes thorough and accurate patient medical histories.
- Explains procedures and observes patients to ensure safety and
comfort during scan.
- Competent in starting IV's for imaging requiring contrast
- Effective organizational and communication skills.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in anatomy, patient positioning,
examination techniques, equipment protocols, radiation safety,
radiation protection and basic patient care.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English with patients to
explain procedures and ensure safety and comfort during scans.
- Ability to follow procedures and policies.
- Ability to use radiation safety measures and protection devices
to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of
patients and staff.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Requires current registration by the ARRT and registered or
eligible for ARRT registration in CT.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of
Public Health: Radiation Control Program.
- Must maintain licensure on an annual basis. Must be CPR
certified and keep certification current.
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health Care, Leominster , CT Scan Technologist, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!