Clinical Hospice Liaison
Company: Beacon Hospice, an Amedisys company
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
Home health and hospice is an ever-evolving environment where you
reap the rewards of your commitment on a team that inspires you to
go big and deliver beyond expectations.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
The Clinical Hospice Liaison is a clinical liaison position between
health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients
transitioning from a facility to hospice environment. The position
has the following general responsibilities: (1) after receipt of a
referral for hospice services the Clinical Hospice Liaison will
assess the medical needs of the potential hospice patient and
ensure that all necessary orders, documentation and collaboration
between the referral source, the physician and the care center have
been completed prior to the patients acceptance into hospice
services (2) discussing the hospice benefit with patient/caregiver
and having conversations with them regarding terminal illness,
death and dying, palliative care where applicable and comfort care
and symptom management (3) developing the referral relationships of
the care center within the community, in accordance with Amedisys
policies and procedures.
- After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care
provider, the Clinical Hospice Liaison visits the patient/caregiver
onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient's clinical
needs and gather clinical information.
- The Clinical Hospice Liaison uses a Point of Service computer
application to collect referred patient data onsite and transmit it
to the care center.
- The Clinical Hospice Liaison also facilitates patient
involvement in his or her own care by providing education and
obtaining the necessary information required for successful
transition to home.
- The Clinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for ensuring
the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that
physician to oversee the home health or hospice plan of care.
- The Clinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for
establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with
facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company
policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing
referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in with one (1+) year experience in
- One (1+) year successful sales experience within the healthcare
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of
service. LPN, MSW, LCSW, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some
- Experience in Hospice or healthcare business
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Beacon Hospice, an Amedisys company, Leominster , Clinical Hospice Liaison, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!