Environmental Svc Attnd
Posted on: May 6, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:This is a 3rd shift (10:30pm to 7:00am), Every
other weekend and every other holiday.
Starting pay $14.25 up to $16.00 per hour (Based on
- PLUS 3rd shift differrential pay
- PLUS weekend differential pay
UMass Memorial HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is a not-for-profit,
full service, acute care hospital that serves the communities in
North Central Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. As a member
of UMass Memorial Health Care, HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital
offers you direct access to the advanced medical technology and
specialty services that are part of the region's academic medical
center.The HealthAlliance-Clinton system, Central Massachusetts
- 163-bed community hospital with services on three campuses in
Clinton, Fitchburg (Burbank) and Leominster
- Simonds-Sinon Regional Cancer Center
- Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center
- Outpatient physical therapy centers
- Home health and hospice agencyIn total, HealthAlliance-Clinton
Hospital has more than 1,600 employees and 400 physicians,
providing you with 40 health care specialties.Benefits Eligibility:
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance.
Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be
effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer
other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs
and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts
(eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all
employees). Position Summary:The Environmental Svc Attnd may work
in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and
keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas
of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other
establishments. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities, client
requirements and applicable industry standards.
- Cleans offices, patients'/residents' rooms, dorms, classrooms,
schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and
any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways,
stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and
refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which
require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in
gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening,
stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses,
furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals
per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including
the operation of snow removal equipment
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- No previous experience required.Skills/Aptitude:
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the
efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.License/Qualifications:
- Possess a valid driver's license if required to drive a
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
- Unit Description: Identify unit-specific job tasks and
qualifications in relation to this job. List any language(s),
software or registrations required to perform this job. Please
describe the typical writing, speaking and presentation skills
required for this job and identify the audience.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Leominster , Environmental Svc Attnd, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!