Company: Highline Warren
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionThis position has the knowledge and demonstrates
the ability to operate mixers, pumping equipment, high speed
mixers, and tinting equipment in the production area. The Blender
will be able to follow process orders from beginning to end and
record all pertinent information. This individual will add
materials at specified quantities and times, observe temperatures
and mixtures and record necessary batch information, take, conduct,
and record samples at designated times, to ensure timely,
consistent, quality batches.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To Perform this job
successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential
- Manufacture/blend batches for liquid filling line.
- Weigh, measure and mix liquid, solids, and powders.
- Use scales, thermometers, and refractometers.
- Be proficient in math to calculate batch requirements and
- Ability to ensure and document quality.
- Efficiently use the company's enterprise resource planning
system to maintain accurate inventories and department paperwork
- Work with various departments, suppliers, and the railroad
company to arrange for bulk shipments.
- Draw samples of mixture for laboratory analysis. Perform simple
laboratory tests such as viscosity and density.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
work location. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS The individual may be asked to
perform other duties as requested. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
ABILITIES An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and learn to perform
simple maintenance tasks.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and
reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and
prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the
solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing
work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers,
team members, and internal or external customers. Present
information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE,
EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS An individual qualified for this job
must have and maintain the following qualifications:
- At least one year related experience or any satisfactory
combination of education and experience that demonstrates the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Must be able to obtain forklift and pallet jack license through
Highline Warren Distribution. PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Remain in a stationary position while loading and unloading
trucks or using blending equipment.
- Regularly move about and transport tools and equipment weighing
up to fifty (50) pounds
- Position hoses and tools requiring up to eighty (80) pounds of
force to accommodate loading and unloading operations.
- Position oneself to access valves and adjust hoses to connect
to delivery points of various heights or positions, including at
- Reach forward and overhead to adjust and clean valves.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access and work atop tanks and
rail cars while collecting samples and loading and unloading
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and
equipment, as well as a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and
have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and
effectively communicate with team members and perform job
- Visually observe and interact with associates and equipment in
the plant setting. ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS The environmental
conditions described here are representative of those the associate
encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work in an office setting in the same room
as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and
include conversation and/or office equipment noise. ADA/ADAAA The
Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Keywords: Highline Warren, Leominster , Blending Operator, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!