Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in
the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class
parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive
aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw,
Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 4,000 Team Members with decades of
experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to
deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with
expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 300 locations,
including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member
locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and
21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business
partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Parts Specialist sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and
accessories for motor vehicles in a parts store. Ascertains make,
year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective
part to determine replacement required, or informs customer of part
needed according to description of malfunction. This position has
been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide retail and professional customers with professional,
clear and courteous service.
* Operate a Point of Sale (POS) system to record customer
* Complete cash balance sheets accurately, practice option and
add-on selling techniques.
* Ensure that parts are in stock and delivered to customers in a
* Communicate SPIFFs, store specials, benefits and warranty policy
information to customers.
* Assist in store inventories.
* May assist in deliveries of product to customers.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
* Valid driver's license is required.
* 1 year picking and packing experience.
* Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
* Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
* Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS
* Strong verbal communication skills.
* Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
* Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
* Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
* Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
* Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
* May work outside and be exposed to weather.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Days, Nights, Weekend, HolidaysFull-timeAP MA Leominster-10522
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Leominster , Parts Specialist, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!