PCA I, 4th Floor Telemetry Unit, 32 Hours, Evenings
Company: UMass Memorial Health - HealthAlliance-Clinton Hos
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Requisition #:232635 Title: PCA I Department: 4th Floor,
Telemetry Unit Location:UMass Memorial Health - Leominster Campus
Grade: 06A Posting Date: July 6, 2022 Shift: Evenings
Status:Non-Exempt Hours: 32 hours Shift Length: 8 hours$3,000
signing-bonus! A member of talent acquisition will review
eligibility during the interview process. Position Summary:This
position performs various patient care activities related to caring
for the personal needs and comfort of an assigned group of
residents under the direction of licensed staff.Major
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and works
under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Provides direct patient care in a safe sensitive, timely manner
according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role
proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and
- Assists and responds to the needs of a patient population to
provide a comfortable and safe environment. Duties may include, but
are not limited to,:
- Responding to patients' call signals promptly, taking proper
action and follow up.
- Assisting with personal care (such as feeding, bathing,
grooming, and dressing.)
- Providing patient help with repositioning, walking, exercising,
and moving into and out of bed.
- Changing linens and cleaning rooms.
- Supports the processes of patient care provided by the medical
team by performing various duties including, but not limited to,:
- Taking and recording vital signs in accordance with
departmental policies and procedures.
- Observing, recording, and reporting patients' conditions, food
and liquid intake and output, collecting samples, and reporting
changes to professional staff.
- Supplying and emptying bed pans, applying dressings,
supervising exercise routines, etc.
- May transport patients to treatment units, using a wheelchair
- Initiates, completes, and maintains medical records, department
logs, unit/shift task lists and other documentation as
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS)
- Certified Nursing AssistantExperience/Skills:Required:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control guidelines,
and sterile technique
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal
supervision and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of an efficient team
- Ability to always act in a respectful and professional manner
even under stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in EnglishPreferred:
- Minimum one (1) year of subacute or long-term care
experienceUnless certification, licensure or registration is
required, an equivalent combination of education and experience
which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in
this description may be substituted for the above
Keywords: UMass Memorial Health - HealthAlliance-Clinton Hos, Leominster , PCA I, 4th Floor Telemetry Unit, 32 Hours, Evenings, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!