Certified Peer Recovery Counselor - ACCS
Company: Open Sky Community Services
Posted on: May 2, 2019
Job ID 2019-3907Job Location Leominster, Massachusetts, United
StatesCategory Care CoordinationStarting Salary USD $15.38/Hr.Type
- Cultivate mutual, non-directive, supportive relationships that
promote empowerment and self-learning while maintaining appropriate
- Provide direct peer support to Persons and families
- Share personal experiences with the purpose and intent to build
trust and collaboration with people served.
- Assist Persons in developing, implementing and monitoring
personal recovery goals using a self-directed recovery and wellness
- Provide support to Persons through Life and Care
- Facilitate Peer skill building and support groups.
- Assist peers in identifying and using strengths and interests
to develop, implement, and monitor interventions and personal
- Demonstrate respect for all Persons regardless of ability
status, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or
- Facilitate the development of valued community roles including
group memberships, employment, or volunteer experiences.
- Support the development and maintenance of key skills including
stress management, relapse prevention, self-determination,
self-advocacy, decision making, and goal planning through the use
of recovery tools, including Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- Assist peers in the development of a health and wellness plan
including relapse prevention, planning and understanding the
symptoms of mental illness.
- Conduct both 1:1 and group activities geared toward increasing
people's readiness to engage in rehabilitation.
- Collaborate with other ACCS team members and agency leadership
to ensure that recovery values, language and culture are promoted
- Implement and document high quality rehabilitation and supports
as identified in each Person's Treatment Plan.
- Assist Persons to perform daily routines.
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and
well-being of Persons served.
- Maintain a working knowledge of consumer-operated programs and
activities in the mental health field, such as Recovery Learning
- Cultivate mutually respectful partnerships, and maintain a
helping role and set appropriate limits with people served and
- Assist people to access, and/or provide, all needed
- Review and complete all required documentation.
- Communicate all pertinent information to all stakeholders.
- Attend and participate in all trainings as assigned.
- Participate in supervision, team, and other assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with people with mental illness and ability to forge
mutually beneficial relationships with people served while
maintaining strong boundaries/ethics.
- Lived Experience with substance abuse and willingness to share
- One year of sobriety
- Peer Specialist Certification required, Open Sky Commnunity
Services will provide all necessary trainings.
Keywords: Open Sky Community Services, Leominster , Certified Peer Recovery Counselor - ACCS, Other , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!