Production Team Leader 3rd shift
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: May 15, 2022
ABOUT YOUR ROLE :In this role, you will maintain and improve the
safety, quality, service, cost and culture of the shift. You will
provide leadership to manufacturing operations by supervising
day-to-day production and performance of 30 direct reports by being
a dedicated leader that combines good interpersonal skills and
basic technical knowledge of factory operations with a hands-on
approach to leading the shift. The position requires good
interpersonal skills with a diverse workforce, the ability to
prioritize work, a sense of urgency to solve problems, and a
willingness to make timely and effective decisions to resolve and
communicate - any issues that prevent the company from meeting its
goals and objectives. This is a highly transparent and promotable
position that reports to the Operations Manager.3rd Shift Time
:11pm - 7amYOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:Activities may
include, but are not limited to:Manage employee performance
- Conduct performance reviews with employees
- Documenting and conducting disciplinary action
- Ensure employees have necessary skills and schedule training as
necessary to fill gaps
- Establish succession plans for key roles within the shift
- Monitor attendance records, vacation schedules and payroll
- Ensure consistent application of policies
- Participate in employee selection and hiring; provide
recommendations for promotionsDrive continuous improvement
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Assist in implementing Corrective Actions resulting from
customer complaints and internally identified opportunities
- Identify opportunities to optimize allocation of resources and
- Communicate with other functional areas and other shifts to
maintain optimum safety, productivity and quality
- Support Kaizen events and 5S initiatives
- As member of the manufacturing leadership team: develop, track
and improve department metricsProvide direction during the shift
- Minimum of 50% of the shift spent on the manufacturing
- Assign operators to machines, watch break schedule
- Resolve conflicts and issues that arise such as those relating
to production, staffing, and quality; allocate resources as
- Lead and direct the troubleshooting of a variety of technical
problems with assistance from tooling, maintenance, distribution
and other functional areas as needed
- Provide leadership in times of emergency, evacuation or
- Experience supervising a manufacturing operation to include
performance management, development, timekeeping/payroll issues and
- Validated skill working with people to achieve objectives and
build a teamwork atmosphere required.
- Skill with establishing processes, procedures and measurements
for a team and/or operation.
- Experience within plastic injection molding manufacturing
preferred, but not necessary.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000, TS 16949, Lean or Six Sigma
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required#PIQ
Who we are!
- Our Story:Avery dennison is everywhere you look:
- We not only embrace change--- we drive it.
- Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas
turn into action.
- We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and
for the business.
- We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities
- We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and
think bigger to improve the quality of all life.Avery Dennison is a
great place to work for everyone.We offer:
- Structured learning and development
- Mentoring program
- Competitive total rewards
- Commitment to SustainabilityAt Avery Dennison we do what we
love and we love what we do.We look forward to receiving your
application.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a
job, alternative methods are available to submit an application.
Please contact 440.534.6080 or
-firstname.lastname@example.org -to discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Manufacturing Technician,
Location: Leominster, MA - 01453 , PL: 529474542
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Leominster , Production Team Leader 3rd shift, Professions , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!