TMS Technician - Full Time
Company: Achieve TMS East
Posted on: August 2, 2022
We are looking for motivated, compassionate, and flexible
individuals who ideally have a background in psychology,
neuroscience, and/or other biological sciences. Previous work
experience in a medical or psychiatric setting a plus. We will
train the right person for the job.If you are a pre-PA or EMT
student, this is a great opportunity to receive paid clinical
hours, as you will be treating patients daily.Bilingual in English
and Spanish is strongly preferred.JOB TITLE: -TMS TechnicianREPORTS
TO: -Lead TMS Technician and Director of OperationsJOB OVERVIEW:
-The TMS Technician is directly responsible for providing patient
care utilizing this breakthrough treatment modality. This
technician will be trained to administer in-office therapeutic
treatments utilizing the Brainsway system under the direction of
our treating physician. Their primary responsibilities will be to
administer and manage specific clinical services to our patients
and to administer the treatments utilizing the Brainsway
system.TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION: -The TMS Technician will be
expected to go through an intensive hands-on training by our
Brainsway TMS-certified Lead technician. The TMS Technician will
also be expected to attend a one day training by a Brainsway staff
person and will receive official certification. In addition to the
experiential trainings, the TMS Technician will be expected to read
research articles, both through the Brainsway site and other
medically recognized sites, to increase their expertise with this
treatment procedure, Major Depressive Disorder, and other
psychiatric disorders.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT
- Complete initial educational sessions with patients about deep
TMS and the Brainsway machine used in the treatments.
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to answering
phone calls, calling patients, and scheduling appointments.
- Use electronic medical record (EMR) system in place to document
patient contacts and treatment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow guidelines of
- Perform equipment positioning for TMS treatment sessions.
- Explain and administer treatments to patients while maintaining
a high degree of accuracy.
- Monitor patients for medical symptoms while receiving
treatment, including addressing any patient discomfort.
- Provide medical interventions in an emergency situation.
- Follow established treatment and office procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, in particular the
Director of Operations and all physicians.
- The position will require some occasional travel around New
England once new sites are created.SKILLS:
- High ethical standards and conduct.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable taking initiative and
- Willingness to be coached.
- Punctuality and Professionalism
- Ability to work comfortably with all levels of the
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and Apple products.
- Comfortable with learning and using electronic medical
- CPR and AED certifiedEDUCATION: -Bachelor's Degree preferred,
but not required.POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS: -We have
full-time and part-time positions available. Your shifts will fall
between the hours of 6:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday and some
Saturdays. Due to the expansion of our company, flexibility in
hours will be necessary.JOB LOCATION: -MA or CT (Currently looking
in: -Leominster, Northampton, and Springfield MA)WORK ENVIRONMENT:
-This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:Hearing: -Adequate to perform job duties in person and
over the telephone.Speaking: -Must be able to communicate clearly
to patients in person and over the telephone. -Bilingual in English
and Spanish is strongly preferred.Vision: -Visual acuity adequate
to perform job duties, including reading information from printed
sources and computer screens.Other: -This position requires
occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds
unassisted. The position requires frequent bending, reaching, and
repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting, and
sitting. There is also some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted
throughout a regular work shift.Your work will be performed in an
office environment, at times fast-paced, which will involve
frequent contact with staff, patients, and collaborating with
community.The above is intended to describe the general content and
requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities,
or requirements.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $17.00 /hourPreferred
- Healthcare: 1+ yearsRequired education:
- AssociateTo apply please email Margie at
Keywords: Achieve TMS East, Leominster , TMS Technician - Full Time, Professions , Leominster, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!