Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer
Posted on: June 20, 2018
VHB, a nationally recognized leader in design, is seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer to join its growing Transportation Technology Group in New England. Project work will focus on the planning, design and construction support of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and connected and automated vehicle (CAV) infrastructure including power and communications systems.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Work within a team of professionals to develop design plans and specifications for a variety of Intelligent Transportation Systems and communication equipment & infrastructure
- Planning and development of ITS and CAV projects and infrastructure including preparing documents that follow the FHWA Systems Engineering Process
- Design ITS equipment and communications infrastructure including fiber optic and wireless technologies, CCTV, Dynamic Message Signs, and sensor technologies
- Perform other engineering field work (field equipment testing, utility and infrastructure verification, i.e. taking measurements and pictures at field sites)
- Writing technical reports and memoranda
Skills and Abilities
- Strong civil or electrical engineering background
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Excel in working in a team environment
- Ability to read and comprehend design and construction specifications and plans
- Ability/willingness to work outdoors on occasion on highway job sites and uneven terrain
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- MS Office suite
- BS in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in ITS/Technology Transportation
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, and ability/willingness to travel on occasion
- Experience with ITS equipment and/or communications systems (cellular, fiber, wireless) preferred
- Interest in working across multiple disciplines concurrently with a diversity of assignments
- EIT preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Keywords: VHB, Leominster, Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer, Professions, Worcester, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!